Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is a porcine, porous, resorbable and volume-stable collagen matrix, specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration. The collagen matrix is made of reconstituted collagen and undergoes smart chemically cross-linking to improve its volume stability while maintaining a good biocompatibility. The porous network of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® supports angiogenesis, formation of new connective tissue and stability of the collagen network in submerged healing. In vivo animal models have shown good integration of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® into the surrounding soft-tissue while maintaining stability.
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is the alternative to autogenous connective tissue grafts (CTG), which are considered as the gold standard in regenerative soft-tissue procedures. With Geistlich Fibro-Gide® additional harvest site is avoided, patient morbidity is reduced.
Handling of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is very easy compared to connective tissue grafts:
- Unlimited availability and consistent quality
- Measure the defect and trim the matrix to the desired size and thickness
- Once moist, the matrix can be further trimmed to the desired size and thickness
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® can easily be sutured
- No need for pre-treatment: Excellent hydrophilic characteristics lead to rapid hydration by patient’s own blood and/or sterile saline solution with a volume increase of approximately 25 %.
- The soaked matrix adapts to contours and adheres well to the defect. Squeezing and re-hydration: Once squeezed, the matrix goes back to its initial state after remoistening (considering the additional swelling of approximately 25 %).
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require a second surgical site
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® should be used as a submerged graft to increase soft-tissue thickness around implants and natural teeth
The matrix is available in two sizes:
- 15 x 20 x 6 mm
- 20 x 40 x 6 mm
The package contains:
- 1 matrix of 20 x 40 x 6 mm