Arestin® (minocycline HCl) Microspheres, 1 mg is a concentrated, locally applied antibiotic to aid in patients with chronic periodontal disease. The innovative microsphere technology that comes with Arestin® allows the antibiotic to remain active in an infected periodontal pocket for an extended period of time. Once Arestin® is inserted into the pocket, its microspheres immediately adhere to the surrounding surfaces, providing a sustained release of minocycline at the site of active infection.
Arestin® is proven to target the red complex bacteria associated with periodontal disease and will help fight infection better than professional dental hygiene alone.
In patients with pockets of 5mm or more, bleeding on probing and localized inflammation that cannot be controlled with SRP alone, Arestin® is the solution. Arestin® is the most conservative approach to periodontal disease treatment prior to surgery.
- No premixing or premeasuring required
- No local anesthesia required
- No refrigeration necessary
- No adhesive necessary
- No dressing necessary
- No removal, Arestin® microspheres are completely bioresorbable
- Dentist or dental hygienist can place Arestin®
- Data suggests no significant increase of minocycline-resistant bacteria
- Convenience of an in-office treatment with no pills to take
Important Safety information:
- Patients are not to take Arestin® if allergic to minocycline or tetracyclines.
- The use of tetracycline class drugs, including Arestin®, during tooth development may cause permanent discoloration of the teeth, and therefore should not be used in children or in pregnant or nursing women.
- Arestin® has not been studied in patients with weakened immune systems (such as patients with HIV infections or diabetes, or those receiving chemotherapy or radiation).
- In clinical studies, the most frequently reported non-dental side effects were headache, infection, flu symptoms, and pain.
- 12 cartridges of 1mg Minocycline
For more details or book a clinical support meeting with your Brand Ambassador today!