The product contains 2% Mepivacaine HCl injection with 1:20,000 Neo-Cobefrin® (levonordefrin).
Carbocaine 2% with Neo-Cobefrin is a vasoconstrictor that produces less cardiac and central nervous system stimulation than epinephrine. Carbocaine 2% with Neo-Cobefrin delivers an average pulpal anesthesia of 50 minutes with maxillary infiltration and 60-75 minutes with an inferior alveolar block.
- CARBOCAINE is indicated for production of local anesthesia for dental procedures by infiltration or nerve block in adults and pediatric patients.
- Mepivacaine provides anesthesia for longer duration for more prolonged procedures: in the maxilla the duration is 1 to 2.5 hours and 2.5 to 5.5 hours in the mandible.
- No-methylparaben formulation to avoid allergic reactions on sensitive patients.
- 100 percent latex free components to help reduce allergic responses.
- Terminal sterilization of product/cartridges for safe use.
- Mylar label covered glass cartridges to minimize risk of wound in the event of a cartridge breakage.
- Cartridges packed 10 to a blister tray to avoid glass to glass contact, hence reducing breakage.
- Reactions to Cook-waite Carbocaine are characteristic of those associated with other amide-type local anesthetics. A major cause of adverse reactions to this group of drugs is excessive plasma levels, which may be due to overdosage, inadvertent intravascular injection or slow metabolic degradation. It is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to it or to any local anesthetic agent of the amide type or to other components of mepivacaine solutions. Local anesthetics should be employed only by clinicians who are well versed in diagnosis and management of dose-related toxicity and other acute emergencies which might arise from the block to be employed, and then only after insuring the immediate availability of oxygen, other resuscitative drugs, cardiopulmonary resuscitative equipment, and the personnel resources needed for proper management of toxic reactions and related emergencies. It contains potassium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. Please see package insert for prescribing information.
- 50 cartridges – A box of 5 blisters of 10 x 1.7 ml glass cartridges