Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is a collagen membrane possessing the same biological properties as Geistlich Bio-Gide® with improved handling characteristics for periodontal procedures: the smoother upper surface slows the absorption of moisture and lengthens the time available for exact positioning into the defect. The firmer material facilitates trimming when dry, making it an optimal choice for guided tissue regeneration.
Due to the modified material characteristics and convenient templates, Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is the optimal choice for periodontal regeneration.
An optimal choice for guided tissue regeneration:
- Guided tissue regeneration with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen leads to a sustained increase in clinical attachment level gain and pocket depth reduction than open flap debridement alone.
- Histologic studies show not only new cementum and bone formation, but also new periodontal ligament in intrabony defects treated with Geistlich biomaterials.
- Slower uptake of moisture prolongs the time available for exact positioning of the material into the defect.
- Firmer material facilitates cutting when dry.
- Multiple sterile templates fit a wide range of periodontal defects.
- Augmentation around implants placed in immediate and delayed extraction sockets
- Localized ridge augmentation for later implantation
- Alveolar ridge reconstruction for prosthetic treatment
- Filling of bone defects after root resection, cystectomy, removal of retained teeth
- GBR in dehiscence defects; and GTR procedures in periodontal defects
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is simple to handle:
- Convenient templates: choose the appropriate form from the four standard perforated sterile periodontal templates.
- Easy to trim: cut membrane to shape using prepared template overlapping the defect margins by 3 mm.
- Ready to use: apply dry membrane with the rough side facing the defect.
- Excellent hydrophilicity: moisten in situ, membrane will adhere well.
- Do not implant the templates.
The package contains:
- 1 membrane of Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio 16x22mm