Geistlich Bio-Oss® is a sterile, biocompatible porous bone mineral substitute, which is physically and chemically comparable to the mineralized matrix of human bone. It is available in spongiosa (cancellous granules) and in blocks.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is the leading bone substitute for regenerative dentistry worldwide. The outstanding osteo-conductive properties of Geistlich Bio-Oss® lead to effective and predictable bone regeneration. Geistlich Bio-Oss® particles are incorporated over time within living bone which provides long-term volume preservation. The bio functionality of Geistlich Bio-Oss® is characterized by its topographic structure, hydrophilic properties and the biologic interaction that supports reliable bone formation.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Oss® because:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® augmented bone leads to high implant survival rates, comparable with implants placed in native bone.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easy to apply and can be used in a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is validated by 25 years of successful use and testing.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is documented in more than 900 publications.
- Augmentation or reconstructive treatment of the alveolar ridge; Filling of periodontal defects
- Filling of defects after root resection, apicoectomy, and cystectomy
- Filling of extraction sockets to enhance preservation of the alveolar ridge
- Elevation of the maxillary sinus floor
- Filling of periodontal defects in conjunction with products intended for Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) and Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)
- Filling of peri-implant defects in conjunction with products intended for GBR
Geistlich Bio-Oss® has excellent handling properties and provides predictable results in daily clinical use:
- Before application, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is mixed with autogenous blood or a saline solution. Its hydrophilic properties promote rapid and complete hydration.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easily modelled and adheres optimally to the walls of the defect.
- Excessive compression should be avoided in order to allow for new bone ingrowth.
- Subsequent application of Geistlich Bio-Gide®, a collagen membrane, enables undisturbed healing which leads to new bone regeneration.
- Possible complications which may occur with any surgery include swelling at the surgical site, flap sloughing, bleeding, local inflammation, bone loss, infection or pain.
- As Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® contains collagen, in very rare circumstances cases of allergic reactions may occur.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is available in eight convenient quantities of small or large granules, which adapt easily to defect sites:
- Small Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (0.25 – 1 mm) – available sizes: 0.25 g ~ 0.5 cc ; 0.5 g ~ 1 cc ; 1 g ~ 2 cc ; 2 g ~ 4 cc
- Large Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (1 – 2 mm) – available sizes: 0.5 g ~ 1.5 cc; 1 g ~ 3 cc; 2 g ~ 6 cc
The package contains:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® 1-2mm, 2g=6cc