Reinforce, Revascularize, Regenerate
Have you ever wanted to take advantage of a form-stable barrier membrane that allows for better vascularization of the underlying bone graft, as like with collagen membranes?
Titanium-reinforced polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membranes are a well-documented off-the-shelf solution for vertical alveolar ridge augmentation in oral and maxillofacial bone regeneration. They provide stability through the integrated titanium structure and provide a secluded space for undisturbed bone formation. However, classical PTFE membranes are occlusive membranes that do not allow vascularization from the periosteum. Early vascularization plays a central role in guided bone regeneration as angiogenesis is fundamental to new bone formation. The novel Reinforced PTFE Mesh, RPMTM, is characterized by perforations that allow vascularization from the periosteum.
- Circular perforations of 660 microns (0.66mm) -> allowing proper graft vascularization from periosteum to bone graft
- Titanium frame maintains space -> essential for vertical bone augmentation
- PTFE allows easy trimming and adaptation -> thickness of 250 microns, the most inert & stable polymer in the biological system
RPMTM combines the benefits of a stable scaffold and a PTFE barrier membrane, whilst allowing optimal supply of the bone graft through vascularisation from the periosteum to obtain vital bone. The concept and design of RPMTM was co-developed with Prof. Istvan Urban, Hungary/USA and reflects the same principles as the Sausage TechniqueTM, but for vertical alveolar ridge augmentation.
RPMTM has distinct configurations:
- Rectangular shapes
- With predefined fixation points distinctly outside the defect area
- For interproximal positioning
Selected shapes within the rectangular and interproximal portfolio are especially designed for the use in the mandible. The mandibular lingual side has mylohyoid muscle and vital anatomical landmarks. Those shapes are characterized by a non-perforated area facing the lingual side and allow easy removal.
Designed for large bony defects, including ridge augmentation
The package contains:
- RPM Versatile Rectangular Shapes 25 mm x 30 mm, 1 Unit/Box