Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a 3D collagen matrix specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration in the management of intact extraction sockets. Its unique properties make it ideal for ridge preservation when combined with Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen®.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal minimizes resorption of the ridge following tooth extraction in sites with preserved alveolar buccal walls.1-3 Subsequent soft-tissue quality and maturation at 8-10 weeks allows greater flexibility in the timing of implant placement.
Geistlich Mucograft® consists of two structures: the compact macro-structure provides stability while allowing open healing; the spongy micro-structure supports blood clot stabilization and the ingrowth of soft tissue cells.
- Faster wound healing and tissue integration
- Natural color and texture adaptation
- Simple application and shorter procedure times
- Ideal when paired with Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® for early implant placement
- Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® and Geistlich Mucograft® Seal preserve significantly more bone volume than spontaneous healing
- covering of implants placed in immediate or delayed extraction sockets
- localized gingival augmentation to increase keratinized tissue (KT) around teeth and implants
- alveolar ridge reconstruction for prosthetic treatment and recession defects for root coverage
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is easy to handle:
- Ready to use: No need for pre-treatment or hydration.
- Application: Prior to applying Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, the surrounding soft-tissue margins should be de-epithelialized. This allows soft-tissue cells to migrate from the soft-tissue border into the matrix.
- Orientation: The compact macro-structure of the matrix should face outwards and the spongy micro-structure towards the extraction socket.
- Fixation: Geistlich Mucograft® Seal should be sutured with non-resorbable suture material. Tissue adhesives should not be used. Good adaptation of the matrix to the soft-tissue margins can be achieved with single-interrupted, double-interrupted or cross-stitch suturing, depending on the morphology of the defect.
It is available in a convenient circular form:
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 8 mm diameter collagen matrix
The package contains:
- 1 matrix of Geistlich Mucograft Seal