Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® consists of 90% Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules with the addition of 10% porcine collagen. Geistlich Bio-Oss® is scientifically proven and is the leading biomaterial in regenerative dentistry. Combining Geistlich Bio-Oss®with highly purified porcine collagen enhances it’s handling characteristics making Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® formable and easy to handle.
Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® is indicated in a wide variety of therapeutic areas, including ridge preservation, minor bone augmentation and periodontal regeneration. The collagen is absorbed after a few weeks and does not replace the barrier function of a membrane.
Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® 100mg is a mixture of spongiosa (cancellous) bone granule and porcine collagen fibres in a block form.
Indications – Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen:
- Augmentation or reconstructive treatment of the alveolar ridge
- Filling of periodontal defects
- Filling of defects after root resection, apicoectomy, and cystectomy
- Filling of extraction sockets to enhance preservation of the alveolar ridge
- Elevation of the maxillary sinus floor
- Filling of periodontal defects in conjunction with products intended for Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) and Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)
- Filling of peri-implant defects in conjunction with products intended for GBR
Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® is available in four sizes:
- 50mg (≈ 0.1–0.15cc) NEW
- 100 mg (≈ 0.2 – 0.3 cm3)
- 250 mg (≈ 0.4 – 0.5 cm3)
- 500 mg (≈ 0.9 – 1.3 cm3)
Also available in two combination packages:
- Geistlich Combi-Kit Collagen (with Geistlich Bio-Gide®)
- Perio-System Combi-Pack (with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio)
Handling instructions - Preparation of Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® is easy:
- Trim Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® to the appropriate size
- Apply it dry, or moisten with saline solution
- When moistened, mold to the desired shape
- Place into the defect
- Avoid excessive compression
- Possible complications which may occur with any surgery include swelling at the surgical site, flap sloughing, bleeding, local inflammation, bone loss, infection or pain.
As Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® contains collagen, in very rare circumstances cases of allergic reactions may occur.
- 1 preformed block of Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® 100mg=0.2-0.3cc per box