Geistlich Bio-Oss® is a sterile, biocompatible porous bone mineral substitute, which is physically and chemically comparable to the mineralized matrix of human bone. It is available in spongiosa (cancellous granules) and in blocks.
This Geistlich Bio-Oss® product is in the form of a block.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is the leading bone substitute for regenerative dentistry worldwide. The outstanding osteo-conductive properties of Geistlich Bio-Oss® lead to effective and predictable bone regeneration. Geistlich Bio-Oss® particles are incorporated over time within living bone which provides long-term volume preservation. The bio functionality of Geistlich Bio-Oss® is characterized by its topographic structure, hydrophilic properties and the biologic interaction that supports reliable bone formation.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Oss® because:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® augmented bone leads to high implant survival rates, comparable with implants placed in native bone.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easy to apply and can be used in a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is validated by 25 years of successful use and testing.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is documented in more than 900 publications.
- Augmentation or reconstructive treatment of the alveolar ridge; Filling of periodontal defects
- Filling of defects after root resection, apicoectomy, and cystectomy
- Filling of extraction sockets to enhance preservation of the alveolar ridge
- Elevation of the maxillary sinus floor
- Filling of periodontal defects in conjunction with products intended for Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) and Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)
- Filling of peri-implant defects in conjunction with products intended for GBR
Geistlich Bio-Oss® has excellent handling properties and provides predictable results in daily clinical use:
- Before application, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is mixed with autogenous blood or a saline solution. Its hydrophilic properties promote rapid and complete hydration.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easily modelled and adheres optimally to the walls of the defect.
- Excessive compression should be avoided in order to allow for new bone ingrowth.
- Subsequent application of Geistlich Bio-Gide®, a collagen membrane, enables undisturbed healing which leads to new bone regeneration.
- Possible complications which may occur with any surgery include swelling at the surgical site, flap sloughing, bleeding, local inflammation, bone loss, infection or pain.
- As Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® contains collagen, in very rare circumstances cases of allergic reactions may occur.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is available in eight convenient quantities of small or large granules, which adapt easily to defect sites:
- Small Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (0.25 – 1 mm) – available sizes: 0.25 g ~ 0.5 cc ; 0.5 g ~ 1 cc ; 1 g ~ 2 cc ; 2 g ~ 4 cc
- Large Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (1 – 2 mm) – available sizes: 0.5 g ~ 1.5 cc; 1 g ~ 3 cc; 2 g ~ 6 cc
The package contains:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® Block 1x1x2cm