This lecture will be provide an up-to-date evidence-based discussion for the oral healthcare professional on the use of probiotics and their role in dentistry.
- Learn the difference between antibiotics, prebiotics, and probiotics.
- Understand the biology and mechanism of action of probiotics.
- Appreciate the potential benefits of probiotics in the prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- Discuss the possible risks and/or adverse events related to probiotic therapy.
- Learn about commercially available probiotics targeted as an adjunctive therapy for oral diseases.
Please click the PLAY button below to access the on-demand course.