ARESTIN (minocycline HCl) Microspheres, 1 mg is a concentrated, locally applied antibiotic that remains active in the pocket for an extended period of time to reduce pocket depth. Each cartridge contains controlled-released minocycline microspheres (containing the equivalent to 1mg minocycline base). The microspheres release antibiotic over time, targeting bacteria to reduce pocket depth, so gums can heal better than with scaling and root planning (SRP) alone.
ARESTIN allows for easy, targeted placement at the base of the periodontal pocket. Once inserted in the pocket, ARESTIN microspheres immediately adhere to the surrounding surfaces, providing a sustained release of minocycline at the site of active infection.
Key features of ARESTIN:
- No premixing or premeasuring
- No adhesive required
- No need to remove ARESTIN after treatment (since the microspheres are completely bioresorbed)
- No local anesthesia required
- No dressing required
- ARESTIN remains active in the pocket for an extended period of time
SRP+ARESTIN clinical benefits:
- Targeted periodontal bacteria to fight infection at 1 MONTH
- Provided significantly greater pocket depth reduction for up to 3 MONTHS vs SRP alone.
- Resulted in reduced pocket depth after 1 month and maintained at 9 MONTHS.
- 12 cartridges of 1mg Minocycline