A glucometer is a small, portable device that is used to measure how much glucose is in the blood. People with diabetes often use a blood glucose meter to help them manage their condition. The CONTOUR®NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is a device utilized for self-testing by persons with diabetes for the quantitative measurement of glucose in whole blood.
The CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is indicated for use with fresh fingertip capillary whole blood samples. The clinical utility of this device is to aid in monitoring the effectiveness of your diabetes control program. The CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is not intended for the diagnosis of or screening for diabetes mellitus and is not intended for use on neonates. CONTOUR® NEXT test strips are intended for self-testing by persons with diabetes for the quantitative measurement of glucose in whole blood samples from 20 to 600 mg/dL. The CONTOUR® NEXT control solutions are aqueous glucose solutions intended for use in self-testing by people with diabetes as a quality control check.
The LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is designed to meet the basic medical emergency needs of a dental practice treating patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric. The goal of the LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is to equip dental clinics with the required medications to be complaint by today's standard. As an owner of a LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit, you are automatically enrolled in a program called "Automatic Replenishment". The program is a service exclusively offered by HANSAmed to track, monitor and replenish each individual medication in your LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit prior to expiration. This service guarantees your medications will remain current and up to date. The medications and devices included in a LIGHTHOUSE™ Kit are quick, safe and easy to administer.
LighthouseTM provides dental clinics with vital medications, convenience, peace of mind and training to assist all dental staff in becoming equipped to handle a medical emergency in the office. With licensing and approval from Health Canada, we are able to provide clinics with quality medications to help you save a life.
Features and benefits:
- This easy-to-use kit requires no coding
- No set-up requirements
- Proven accuracy
- Easy to use
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level
- Easy-to-read display
- A small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, is placed on a disposable test strip that the meter reads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level. The meter then displays the level in units of mg/dL or mmol/L.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly with warm water or use an alcohol prep pad
- Insert a new test strip into your meter
- Use glucometer and a new lancet to get a drop of blood from the fingertip
- Apply blood on to test strip
- Record results
Warnings and precautions:
- The meter and lancing device are for single patient use. Do not share them with anyone including other family members! Do not use on multiple patients!!
- All parts of the kit are considered biohazardous and can potentially transmit infectious diseases, even after you have performed cleaning and disinfection
- Always wash your hands well with soap and water before and after testing, handling the meter, lancing device, or test strips.
- 1 unit of LIGHTHOUSE™ Bayer Contour Next Blood Glucose Meter