Dexamethasone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative Dexamethasone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders. Dexamethasone is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
The LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is designed to meet the basic medical emergency needs of a dental practice treating patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric. The goal of the LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is to equip dental clinics with the required medications to be complaint by today's standard. As an owner of a LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit, you are automatically enrolled in a program called "Automatic Replenishment". The program is a service exclusively offered by HANSAmed to track, monitor and replenish each individual medication in your LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit prior to expiration. This service guarantees your medications will remain current and up to date. The medications and devices included in a LIGHTHOUSE™ Kit are quick, safe and easy to administer.
LighthouseTM provides dental clinics with vital medications, convenience, peace of mind and training to assist all dental staff in becoming equipped to handle a medical emergency in the office. With licensing and approval from Health Canada, we are able to provide clinics with quality medications to help you save a life.
- Allergic States: Control of severe or incapacitating allergic conditions intractable to adequate trials of conventional treatment in asthma, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, drug hypersensitivity reactions, perennial or seasonal allergic rhinitis, and serum sickness.
Warnings and Precautions:
- The lowest possible dose of corticosteroids should be used to control the condition under treatment. When reduction in dosage is possible, the reduction should be gradual.
- Since complications of treatment with corticosteroids are dependent on the size of the dose and the duration of treatment, a risk/benefit decision must be made in each individual case as to dose and duration of treatment and as to whether daily or intermittent therapy should be used.
- Kaposi's sarcoma has been reported to occur in patients receiving corticosteroid therapy, most often for chronic conditions. Discontinuation of corticosteroids may result in clinical improvement.
- 1 pack of 10 LIGHTHOUSE™ Dexamethasone 4 mg/mL