SOLU-CORTEF Sterile Powder is an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid that contains hydrocortisone sodium succinate as the active ingredient. SOLU-CORTEF Sterile Powder is available in several packages for intravenous or intramuscular administration.
The LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is designed to meet the basic medical emergency needs of a dental practice treating patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric. The goal of the LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit is to equip dental clinics with the required medications to be complaint by today's standard. As an owner of a LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit, you are automatically enrolled in a program called "Automatic Replenishment". The program is a service exclusively offered by HANSAmed to track, monitor and replenish each individual medication in your LIGHTHOUSE™ Medical Emergency Kit prior to expiration. This service guarantees your medications will remain current and up to date. The medications and devices included in a LIGHTHOUSE™ Kit are quick, safe and easy to administer.
LighthouseTM provides dental clinics with vital medications, convenience, peace of mind and training to assist all dental staff in becoming equipped to handle a medical emergency in the office. With licensing and approval from Health Canada, we are able to provide clinics with quality medications to help you save a life.
Medical emergency indications
- in the treatment of shock secondary to adrenocortical insufficiency or shock unresponsive to conventional therapy when adrenal cortical insufficiency may be present
- preoperatively and in the event of serious trauma or illness, in patients with known adrenal insufficiency or when adrenocortical reserve is doubtful
- in the treatment of acute allergic disorders (status asthmaticus, anaphylactic reactions, insect stings, noninfectious laryngeal edema, etc.) following epinephrine (see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS ).
- Press down on plastic activator to force diluent into the lower compartment.
- Gently agitate to effect solution.
- Remove plastic tab covering center of stopper.
- Sterilize top of stopper with a suitable germicide.
- Insert needle squarely through center of stopper until tip is just visible.
- Invert vial and withdraw dose.
Warnings and Precautions:
- SOLU-CORTEF may be administered by intravenous injection or infusion or by intramuscular injection. The preferred method for initial emergency use is intravenous injection. Following the initial emergency period, consideration should be given to employing a longer-acting injectable preparation or an oral preparation.
- Intramuscular injections of corticosteroids should be given deep into large muscle masses to avoid local tissue atrophy.
- The lowest possible dose of corticosteroid should be used to control the condition under treatment; when dosage reduction is possible, the reduction should be gradual. Since complications of corticosteroid treatment are dependent on dose size and duration of treatment, a risk/benefit decision must be made with each patient as to whether daily or intermittent therapy should be used.
- Advise patients to inform subsequent physicians of the prior use of corticosteroids.
- The existence of diabetes, osteoporosis, renal insufficiency, chronic psychosis, hypertension, myasthenia gravis or predisposition to thrombophlebitis requires that SOLU-CORTEF be administered with caution.
- 1 vial of LIGHTHOUSE™ Solu-Cortef 250 mg