Ultracaine® is the world's original articaine and is exclusively available through HANSAmed. Cartridges have latex-free closures and recyclable all-cardboard packaging.
Ultracaine® is the world’s original articaine and one of HANSAmed’s key products. It is available as an injectable local anesthetic and has been sold exclusively in Canada through HANSAmed since 1999.
Ultracaine D-S contains 4% articaine hydrochloride (40 mg/mL) with 1:200,000 epinephrine (0.006 mg/mL epinephrine hydrochloride, which corresponds to 0.005 mg/mL epinephrine as a free base), sodium metabisulphite (0.50 mg/mL) as antioxidant, and water for injection.
- Epinephrine: 1:200,000 straight epinephrine
- Pulpal Anesthesia: Provides 45-60 minutes of safe and effective pulpal anesthesia
- Soft Tissue Anesthesia: Provides 120-300 minutes of safe and effective soft tissue anesthesia
- Onset: 2-3 minutes onset
- Half Life: 27 minutes half-life
Indications & Clinical Use
- Ultracaine D-S (articaine with epinephrine) solutions for injection are indicated for infiltration anesthesia and nerve block anesthesia in clinical dentistry.
- Geriatrics (>65 years of age): elderly patients should be given reduced doses commensurate with their age and physical condition.
- Pediatrics (<4 years of age): the use of Ultracaine D-S and Ultracaine D-S Forte (articaine with epinephrine solutions) in children under the age of 4 years is not recommended.
- 100 x 1.7mL carpule of Ultracaine® D-S Regular Articaine HCI 4% w/ 1:200,000 Epi (Green)