Ultracaine® D (Does NOT contain Epinephrine) is also called articaine HCL anesthetic injection. HANSAmed Limited can import and distribute it under the SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAM (SAP) with Health Canada.NOTE: CALL FOR DETAILS AT 800-363-2876 ACCESS PROGRAM (SAP) with Health Canada.
Ultracaine® is the world’s original articaine and one of HANSAmed’s key products. It is available as an injectable local anesthetic and has been sold exclusively in Canada through HANSAmed since 1999.
Ultracaine D-S contains 4% articaine hydrochloride (40 mg/mL) with 1:200,000 epinephrine (0.006 mg/mL epinephrine hydrochloride, which corresponds to 0.005 mg/mL epinephrine as a free base), sodium metabisulphite (0.50 mg/mL) as antioxidant, and water for injection.
- Pulpal Anesthesia: Provides 45-60 minutes of safe and effective pulpal anesthesia
- Soft Tissue Anesthesia: Provides 120-300 minutes of safe and effective soft tissue anesthesia
- Onset: 2-3 minutes onset
- Half Life: 27 minutes half-life
Indications & Clinical Use
- Ultracaine D-S (articaine with epinephrine) solutions for injection are indicated for infiltration anesthesia and nerve block anesthesia in clinical dentistry.
- Geriatrics (>65 years of age): elderly patients should be given reduced doses commensurate with their age and physical condition.
- Pediatrics (<4 years of age): the use of Ultracaine D-S and Ultracaine D-S Forte (articaine with epinephrine solutions) in children under the age of 4 years is not recommended.
How is Ultracain D (articaine HCl anesthetic injection) Ordered?
- The doctor who wishes to administer Ultracain D must complete the forms attached and send them to the special access program at Health Canada. Health Canada will approve the request and send a document to the submitting doctor, and HANSAmed Limited. Only then can the doctor order Ultracain D through HANSAmed Limited.
- Please ensure to plan for this order in advance (30 days).
- As this anesthetic does not contain any vasoconstrictor, you will see a significantly extended shelf life.
- Single 1.7mL carpule of Ultracain® D Articaine HCI 4% (No Epi) (SAP Health Canada)